Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yearbooks

i'm sick.
:[
school was good, we got our yearbooks from last year.
i got a few signatures, but i've noticed that in the south people don't write huge long stories in your yearbook...
when you say 'sign my book' they really just sign their name.
and nothing else.
i guess it's okay, but i like having a lot of memories and stories written in my yearbook.
when i write in other's yearbooks i write novels!
it's just different i guess.
just one of the infinite differences between the north and south.
while i was having people sign my book, i started to remember last year and how different it is now from then.
i had barely any friends, since i just moved here,
i was much more shy,
and i definitely cared more about what i wore to school.
now it doesn't matter as much, though i still take an hour to get ready each morning,
but now that i know people and they know me,
they won't judge me for how i look.
[though i still won't go without make-up like some of my friends.]
i'm glad we moved here, but i still miss the big apple.
my family,
my best friends,
and the memories still exist,
but it's always nice to go back and remember all the good times.
i guess yearbooks have made me realize to always savor the good times,
side-step the bad,
and live life to the fullest.
:]

No comments: